Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 powdered milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Dissolve yeast in a half cup of water.
- Combine the remaining water with salt, honey, molasses, whole wheat flour, bread flour and powdered milk.
- Add the yeast-water combination. Stir.
- Be sure to add butter while kneading.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- Tranfer to a greased bowl and leave to rise double its current size.
- Punch down and divide in two.
- Shape into loaves.
- Put in greased loaf pans.
- Let the dough rise to the rim of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.