- 1/2 gobo (burdock root)
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pork ribs, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch length pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into thin quarter-rounds
- 2 inches konnyaku, cut into small rectangles and boiled
- 1/4 pound daikon radish, peeled and cut into thin and small rectangles
- 4 cup dashi soup stock
- 4 tablespoon miso (soy bean paste)
- 3 inches negi, chopped
- Soak gobo stips in water for 5 minutes and drain.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pot and saute pork on high heat.
- Add potato, carrot, gobo, daikon, and konnyaku in the pot and saute together.
- Add dashi soup stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to low and skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Dissolve miso in the soup.
- Add negi in the soup.
- Stop the heat.