- 1 Package of Savoiardi (Italian Lady Fingers)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 pound of Marscapone cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly made espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until the mixture is thickened and light lemon color.
- Add the marscapone cheese and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cream to the egg mixture.
- Dip the Savoiardi in espresso and line a pan with them
- Pour in half the cheese mixture and smooth.
- Add another layer of the Savoiardi dipped in espresso.
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture on top and smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours and dust with cocoa powder. Serve