- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
Ingredients for the Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 300 grams strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add shortening and mix. Mixture should look crumbly.
- Add milk and water to the mixture.
- Knead the dough lightly. Roll out to half an inch thickness.
- Cut dough in half
- Shape the two halves into a circle and place in ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Beat cream until thick.
- Add sugar to cream.
- Spread cream on first layer.
- Put the other layer on top.
- Spread cream on second layer.
- Arrange strawberries on top of cake.
- Chill the cake.