Steak Au Poivre
Ingredients (Serving Size : 1)
- 1 inch thick steak
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/8 cup butter, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/8 cup cognac
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks in oil for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add shallots and butter to the steak drippings in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cognac (mind the flame) and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add the cream.
- Pour sauce over the steak and serve.