- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 35 oz can imported italian plum tomatoes, crushed with their juices
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 12 gaetta olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound Linguini pasta
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook garlic and anchovy until lightly browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes including juices. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer.
- Add capers, olives, oregano, black pepper, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Add the Linguini and cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss. Serve.