- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold one side of tortilla over filling.
- Garnish with avocado.