- 2 cups and 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 tbsp baker's yeast
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 eggs plus one yolk
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the yeast, a half cup of flour, and the water in a bowl unti soft and elastic
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside and allow to rise for half an hour.
- Add the eggs, sugar, the rest of the flour, warm melted butter, and the rum and mix until the dough stops sticking to the bowl.
- Add the raisins and lemon and orange zest to the mix and stir.
- Set aside and allow to rise for half an hour.
- Knead the dough in a floured baking pan until smooth and elastic.
- Pack the dough into cup-shaped rib sided molds only half the mold must be full.
- Cover and set aside for two hours and check that the dough has risen to fill up the whole mold.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the dough turns a golden brown.
- Drench in rum before serving Your Baba is now ready to serve!