- 3 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Chinese noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup reserved mushroom soaking liquid
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak the Chinese mushrooms in 1 cup of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of waqter to boil in a large pot.
- Stir in the noodles and cook 3 minutes, just until tender.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, and toss with 1 tablespoon of peanut oil. Set aside.
- Remove the mushrooms, but strain and reserve 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid.
- Trim and discard the mushroom stems.Coarsely chop the caps and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar and set aside.
- Place ;a wok over medium-high heat. When it begins to smoke, add the mushrooms, onion, cabbage, and zucchini. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Add the reserved noodles and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.