- 4 cups sushi rice, prepared
- 1 Japanese cucumber, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ounce kampyo
- 2/3 cup dashi soup stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 4 sheets of nori (dried seaweed)
- Wash and soak kampyo in water for an hour before cooking.
- Cut softened kampyo into about 8-inch-long pieces.
- Put dashi soup stock, sugar, mirin, and soy sauce in a medium pot.
- Put it on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add kampyo in the pot and simmer on low heat until the liquid is almost gone. Cool it.
- Meanwhile, prepare sushi rice.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a small bowl.
- Make a rolled omelet and cool. Cut it into long sticks.
- Put a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat.
- Spread 1 cup of sushi rice on top of the nori sheet.
- Place the ingredients lengthwise on the rice.
- Roll up the bamboo mat, pressing forward to shape the sushi into a cylinder.
- Press the bamboo mat firmly and remove it from the sushi.
- Cut the rolled sushi into bite-size pieces.