- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 pound of homemade fettuccine 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large sauté pan add butter and cream, turn the heat on to medium and cook until cream and butter are melted together.Turn off heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the fettuccine. Cook until al dente.
- Strain pasta and add to pan with butter and cream.
- Turn the heat on medium. Add the egg yolks, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and black pepper. Stir vigorously, mixing the egg yolks and cheese in and coating all of the pasta with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve.