Egg Soft Tacos
- 2 small flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) green pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (50 mL) Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablspoons (30 mL) salsa (see salsa recipe on this site)
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees C) while you prepare the filling for the tacos.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper and cook, stirring, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, salt and half of the cheese.
- Pour into the skillet and cook, stirring to scramble.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and unwrap.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the two tortillas.
- Top with the remaining cheese and the salsa.
- Fold the tortilla. Serve.