- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 4 ounces baked ham, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons Béchamel sauce, divided
- Spread the Dijon mustard on four slices of bread.
- Put the ham on top of the mustard.
- Divide a half cup of cheese among the four sandwiches. Put in top of the ham.
- Put the other bread half on top of the cheese to create sandwiches.
- Spread the butter on the outside surfaces of all the sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and top with a fourth of the remaining cheese and broil till cheese melts
- Turn over, top with a third of the remaining cheese and broil again.
- Repeat till all the cheese has been used up.
- Fry the eggs.
- Serve the sandwiches with a fried egg and a tablespoon of Bechamel sauce on top of each sandwich.