- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Frosting
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a rectangular pan.
- Dissolve cocoa powder and coffee in hot water.
- Add evaporated milk to cocoa-coffee mix. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add each egg gradually while beating.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mix and cocoa-coffe mix. Keep beating.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Combine all frosting ingredients. Mix.
- Cook until thick.
- Apply frosting to top and sides of cake.