Ingredients (makes 8 burgers)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in 8 thin slices
- 1 onion, cut in 8 thin slices
- cooking oil
- 6 cheddar cheese, sandwich slices
- 6 rashers bacon
- pickle relish
Cooking Instructions (total time : 30 minutes)
- Fry the bacon in oil until crisp.
- Mix the ground beef with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Make 8 patties.
- Split and toast hamburger buns.
- Spread mayonnaise and relish on half of the buns if desired.
- Grill patties for 10 minutes, turning them over to cook both sides.
- Place cheese on top of patties and and bacon on top of cheese.
- Grill until cheese melts than transfer burger to bun.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and onion over the bacon to finish the sandwich. Serve.