- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- cooking oil
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 cup drained ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together the flour, sugar, melted butter, and salt.
- Add enough wine to make a smooth, stretchable dough.
- Knead into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a deep pan to be able to submerge the shells.
- Roll out the dough on a well-floured board to about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out as many rounds as you can.
- Roll a cannoli around a metal shell mold.
- Use a bit of egg white to seal the pastry around the shell mold.
- Fry the shells on the molds by immersing it in oil until they are light brown and crisp.
- Let the shells cool before sliding them off the molds.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together. Blend until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag with the filling.
- Pipe each shell full with the filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Your Cannoli is now ready to serve!