Ingredients (8 servings)
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 yellow onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cold beef stock or broth
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into large chunks
Cooking Instructions (total time : 3 hours)
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pot and cook the beef until brown.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside. Leave the juices in the pot.
- Add the onions to the pot and cooke until they become translucent.
- Add the flour and garlic and simmer for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the beef stock, carrots, celery, ketchup, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, and a teaspoon of salt and stir.
- Bring back the beef to the pot allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender and sauce isthick.
- Reduce the liguid to thicken the sauce or add more water if the sauce becomes to thick. Serve.