Ingredients (Serving Size : 5)
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggshells, crushed
- 1 1/2 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb premium ground beef (sirloin)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups veal or beef stock
Cooking Instructions (total time : 1 hour 20 minutes)
- Whisk peppercorns, egg whites, and eggshells until the mixture turns foamy.
- In a food processor, pulse together the tomatoes, celery, and beef a few times.
- Combine the veal or beef stock, the vegetable-beef mixture, the eggs, and salt in a large stockpot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, without stirring, for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Discard contents of sieve and salt broth, if desired. Serve hot.